Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lilacs and Lavender...Nature as Inspiration

Sometimes all we have to do is look out the window to our exteriors to get inspiration for our interiors.

When I was young and as the oldest, I was the first one to get a room of my own.  It was painted a beautiful shade of lavender.  I think I have loved that color since.  The last two homes we have lived in have had lilac bushes which when they're blooming just reinforces my love fest.  We planted a viburnum right next to the lilac and they both bloom at the same time...simply stunning and allows me armfuls of bouquets for at least two weeks every year. 

With these as inspiration and all hues of purple being so hot right now, I thought I would share some lavender love.  It is a very versatile color that can be elegant when paired with cream and silver, playful when paired with chartruese and coral or warm when paired with browns and turquoise  .



Here pops of black and the light flooring keep it fresh and bright


Added to bring dimension to the all white bedding and furniture, with the perfect pop of orange.


The diamond paint treatment above the chair rail adds sophistication to this dining room.  The solid color below grounds the room without taking it too seriously.  Love the touches of whimsy with the glass ball on the column and the wavy candlesticks!  Victorian brought into the 21st century.


Charming girls room...


If you want to add just a touch of lavender or purple without committing to a full room, bring in some pillows and accessories.  It is rich and soothing for any room in your home.

Take a moment to enjoy your interior view and be inspired by looking outside to the view nature has provided!

To Your Interior View,

Michele

P.S.  I have had these photos for awhile so don't have the credits labeled

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from you. Just fill in your name where asked and leave your comments as instructed!